200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training FAQS
Who Should Do Yoga Teacher Training?
Anyone who has as the desire to learn more about yoga! It is not just for those who want to become teachers. Often students want to study more than they can get from just a regular group class.
What is the schedule?
In the fall we meet on Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons. We take one week off for Thanksgiving and two weeks off during for winter holidays. In the summer, we host an intensive training which runs Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30 PM for four weeks. Click for more detailed date information on the Fall 2017 training.
How much homework is there?
Expect at least 20 hours of take home assignments and reading. The more you put into the training, the more you get out. Many trainees find that they enjoy the work and preparing their assignments out of class so it is not a burden at all.
What should I do to prepare for 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training?
This 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is not intended for beginner practitioners. Students should be in general good health and be prepared to engage in a physical practice each session. You should have a regular practice (at least weekly) to be best prepared. You should also check out our recommend reading list below.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the application form and await follow-on instructions.
How much is it?
- Extra Early Bird (Pay in Full by August 24, 2017): $2500
- Early Bird, Register and Pay Deposit before September 12, 2017: $2800: $500 deposit with the application, remaining balance of $2300 by check or money order due October 12, 2017.
- Register after September 12, 2017: $3000; $500 deposit with application, remaining balance of $2500 by check or money order due October 12, 2017
- Installment Plan: For consideration, please contact Kathryn Taron, Director of Teacher Training at Kathryn@refreshyogacenter.com.
- Free yoga classes at Refresh for the duration of Course
- Certificate of Completion of 200 hours with satisfactory completion of course requirements
- Eligibility to become a 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) in the Yoga Alliance’s National Yoga Teacher Registry
- Course manual
What if I miss class?
Trainees are expected to attend all sessions, but we understand that situations arise which may require you to miss classes. There are make-up days built into the schedule at the at the end of the course to make-up the required material you missed.
If you need more hours to cover your absences, it is your responsibility to coordinate for make-up training to receive your 200-hour certificate. Two options are:
- You may take a condensed private class with your YTT leader at Refresh for a fee, which you might be able to split among other students who may have missed the same class.
- You may attend the same classes at Refresh during the following YTT course for free.
What if I change my mind?
- If you cancel up to one month prior to the start date, your deposit will be refunded, less a $100 processing charge.
- If you cancel less than one month of the start date your deposit will be non-refundable.
- If you start the course but are unable to finish, your fees can be applied to the next YTT course at Refresh, but your tuition will not be refunded.
REQUIRED TEXTS (NOT INCLUDED IN TUITION)
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques, by Mark Stephens
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I, by Ray Long
- The Heart of Yoga, by T.V.K. Desikachar
- Light on Yoga, by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga Anatomy, by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Goddess Pose, by Michelle Goldberg
- Yoga Adjustments: Philosophy, Principles, and Techniques, by Mark Stephens
Refresh Yoga Center is located on beautiful historic King Street and serves the Old Town Alexandria Community. We invite anyone looking to deepen their practice from the surrounding areas including National Harbor, Falls Church, Del Ray, Fort Washington, Belle Haven, and Washington DC.