200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course Overview
Starting January 2018
Meets Thursday Evenings and Sunday afternoons.
The coursework for our 200 hour yoga teacher training will be both interactive and seminar-based. You will work with other trainees to hone your teaching skills, and you will be provided with feedback from our skilled instructors along the way. The Refresh yoga teacher training curriculum covers the fundamentals of yoga philosophy, teaching methods with a focus on alignment and Vinyasa sequencing, the art of adjustments, yoga anatomy, meditation and breathing, and the lifestyle and discipline of a yogi.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the button above or below to enter your information and await follow-on instructions. You can complete enrollment at the MindBody site here.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
This 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is not intended for beginner practitioners. Students should be in general good health and be prepared to engage in a physical practice each session. We encourage you to have had at least one year of regular yoga practice before enrolling in this program to learn to teach yoga. All trainees must be at least 18 years old or may train with a parent.
180 Classroom, Service (seva) Project, and Practicum Hours
20 Hours of Take-Home Assignments
More detailed date information will be provided shortly.
- Early Bird, Register and Pay Deposit before December 18, 2017: $2800: $500 deposit with the application, remaining balance of $2300 by check or money order due January 18, 2018.
- Register after December 18, 2017: $3000; $500 deposit with application, remaining balance of $2500 by check or money order due October 12, 2017
- Military Discount: $300 off full tuition price
- Installment Plan: For consideration, please contact Kathryn Taron, Director of Teacher Training at Kathryn@refreshyogacenter.com.
- Free yoga classes at Refresh for the duration of Course
- Certificate of Completion of 200 hours with satisfactory completion of course requirements
- Eligibility to become a 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) in the Yoga Alliance’s National Yoga Teacher Registry
- Course manual
Trainees are expected to attend all sessions, but we understand that situations arise which may require you to miss classes. There are make-up days built into the schedule at the at the end of the course to make-up the required material you missed.
If you need more hours to cover your absences, it is your responsibility to coordinate for make-up training to receive your 200-hour certificate. Two options are:
- You may take a condensed private class with your YTT leader at Refresh for a fee, which you might be able to split among other students who may have missed the same class.
- You may attend the same classes at Refresh during the following YTT course for free.
- If you cancel up to one month prior to the start date, your deposit will be refunded, less a $100 processing charge.
- If you cancel less than one month of the start date your deposit will be non-refundable.
- If you start the course but are unable to finish, your fees can be applied to the next YTT course at Refresh, but your tuition will not be refunded.
REQUIRED TEXTS (NOT INCLUDED IN TUITION)
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques, by Mark Stephens
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I, by Ray Long
- Yoga Adjustments: Philosophy, Principles, and Techniques, by Mark Stephens
- The Heart of Yoga, by T.V.K. Desikachar
- Light on Yoga, by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga Anatomy, by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Goddess Pose, by Michelle Goldberg
Contact Kathryn Taron, Director of Teacher Training at Kathryn@refreshyogacenter.com or Pia Economou, Lead Trainer, at email@example.com.
You can learn to teach yoga at our Alexandria yoga studio from experienced, professional instructors. The Refresh 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is designed to help you deepen your understanding of yoga, develop your personal practice and cultivate the skills needed to teach the gift of yoga to others.